When it comes to employment, it’s often the biggest names that grab the headlines. But beyond the household brands, there are companies that are quietly churning away, providing jobs and driving the economy forward. These are the largest companies by employees, the unsung heroes of the job market that play a crucial role in shaping the state’s economic landscape. In this article, we shine a spotlight on the top employers in The Top 5 Largest Employers in Florida For 2023, taking a closer look at the companies that employ the most workers and power the state’s job market.
How We Identified the Top Largest Employers Based In Florida
To identify the top 5 largest employers headquartered in Florida, we relied on data from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics’ Quarterly Census of Employment and Wages (QCEW) program and data from various sources. This program collects data on nonfarm employment in each state and provides information on the largest employers.
Florida’s top employers represent a diverse range of industries, it’s no surprise that these companies have a significant impact on the state economy and offer plenty of job opportunities for those looking to join their workforce.
So, whether you’re a recent college grad or a seasoned professional looking for a new challenge, take a look at our list of the top employers in your state. Who knows, you may find your dream job at one of these companies.
The top 5 largest companies by employee count in Florida:
- Publix, is the largest employer in Florida in 2023, it is an employee-owned supermarket chain headquartered in Lakeland, with about 191,000 employees. Publix was founded in 1930 by George W. Jenkins and is totally owned by employees and members of the Jenkins family.
- Jabil, a product solutions and worldwide manufacturing services company based in Saint Petersburg, with 200,001 employees.
- Darden Restaurants, is an Orlando-based restaurant operator that owns nine chains, including Ruth’s Chris, Olive Garden, and LongHorn Steakhouse. With over 1,800 locations and 175,000 employees, it’s the world’s largest full-service restaurant company.
- Royal Caribbean International, a cruise line company based in Miami, with 85,000 employees. Founded in 1968 in Norway, it is the largest cruise line by revenue and second largest by passengers
- AdventHealth, a health care system based in Altamonte Springs, with 71,400 employees
Exploring Job Opportunities at Florida’s Top Employers:
As you explore job opportunities in your state, keep in mind that these largest companies by employees are just a starting point. There are countless other companies out there that may be a great fit for your skills and career goals. To expand your job search, check out job boards and professional networking sites, attend career fairs and industry events, and connect with recruiters and staffing agencies. And don’t forget to research each company thoroughly, including their culture, values, and growth potential.
With the right mindset, resources, and support, you can find the job of your dreams and achieve your professional aspirations.
If you need more help with your job search or career planning, you can also check out these resources:
- Employ Florida (http://www.floridajobs.org/): This website provides advice on resumes, job applications, and career research. You can also access Reemployment Assistance benefits and other services.
- CareerSource Florida (https://careersourceflorida.com/): This website offers state workforce training grants and resources for businesses and job seekers. You can also find your local CareerSource center for more assistance.
- Teach In Florida (http://www.teachinflorida.com/): This website is for those interested in careers in Florida’s school system. You can find employment and career resources, as well as information on certification and salaries.
We hope that our list of top employers for Florida has given you some inspiration and insight into the job market in your state. Remember, the key to finding the right job is to keep an open mind, stay persistent, and always be on the lookout for new opportunities.
Don’t forget to explore our articles and neighboring opportunities on the largest employers in Georgia and Alabama!