When it comes to employment, it’s often the biggest names that grab the headlines. But beyond the household brands, there are companies that are quietly churning away, providing jobs and driving the economy forward. These are the largest companies by employees, the unsung heroes of the job market that play a crucial role in shaping the state’s economic landscape. In this article, we shine a spotlight on the top employers in The Top 5 Largest Employers in Vermont For 2023, taking a closer look at the companies that employ the most workers and power the state’s job market.
How We Identified the Top Largest Employers Based In Vermont
To identify the top 5 largest employers headquartered in Vermont, we relied on data from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics’ Quarterly Census of Employment and Wages (QCEW) program and data from various sources. This program collects data on nonfarm employment in each state and provides information on the largest employers.
Vermont’s top employers represent a diverse range of industries, it’s no surprise that these companies have a significant impact on the state economy and offer plenty of job opportunities for those looking to join their workforce.
So, whether you’re a recent college grad or a seasoned professional looking for a new challenge, take a look at our list of the top employers in your state. Who knows, you may find your dream job at one of these companies.
Here are the top 5 largest companies by employee count in Vermont:
- Bay, based in Colchester, a company that provides IT solutions and services, such as cloud computing, data analytics, cybersecurity, and software development, with 30,000 employees.
- The University of Vermont Health Network, based in Burlington, a network of hospitals and health care providers that offers medical care, education, and research in Vermont and northern New York, with 7,500 employees.
- Brattleboro Retreat, based in Brattleboro, a psychiatric and addiction treatment hospital that provides inpatient and outpatient services for children, adolescents, and adults, with 7,500 employees.
- University of Vermont, based in Burlington, a public research university that offers undergraduate, graduate, and professional programs in various fields of study, with 5,566 employees.
- School for International Training, based in Brattleboro, a higher education institution that offers experiential learning programs for students and professionals around the world, with 5,074 employees.
As you explore job opportunities in your state, keep in mind that these largest companies by employees are just a starting point. There are countless other companies out there that may be a great fit for your skills and career goals. To expand your job search, check out job boards and professional networking sites, attend career fairs and industry events, and connect with recruiters and staffing agencies. And don’t forget to research each company thoroughly, including their culture, values, and growth potential.
With the right mindset, resources, and support, you can find the job of your dreams and achieve your professional aspirations.
We hope that our list of top employers has given you some inspiration and insight into the job market in your state. Remember, the key to finding the right job is to keep an open mind, stay persistent, and always be on the lookout for new opportunities.