When it comes to employment, it’s often the biggest names that grab the headlines. But beyond the household brands, there are companies that are quietly churning away, providing jobs and driving the economy forward. These are the largest companies by employees, the unsung heroes of the job market that play a crucial role in shaping the state’s economic landscape. In this article, we shine a spotlight on the top employers in The Top 5 Largest Employers in Ohio For 2023, taking a closer look at the companies that employ the most workers and power the state’s job market.
How We Identified the Top Largest Employers Based In Ohio
To identify the top 5 largest employers headquartered in Ohio, we relied on data from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics’ Quarterly Census of Employment and Wages (QCEW) program and data from various sources. This program collects data on nonfarm employment in each state and provides information on the largest employers.
Ohio’s top employers represent a diverse range of industries, it’s no surprise that these companies have a significant impact on the state economy and offer plenty of job opportunities for those looking to join their workforce.
So, whether you’re a recent college grad or a seasoned professional looking for a new challenge, take a look at our list of the top employers in your state. Who knows, you may find your dream job at one of these companies.
Here are the top 5 largest companies by employee count in Ohio:
- Kroger, a retail grocery chain that operates supermarkets, convenience stores, jewelry stores, and pharmacies, with 465,000 employees. It is based in Cincinnati.
- Exel Inc., a logistics company that provides supply chain management, warehousing, transportation, and freight forwarding services, with 200,000 employees. It is based in Westerville.
- Weston, a real estate development and management company that owns and operates industrial, office, and retail properties, with 140,800 employees. It is based in Cleveland.
- Macy’s, a department store chain that sells apparel, accessories, cosmetics, home furnishings, and other merchandise, with 130,000 employees. It is based in Cincinnati.
- Faurecia Exhaust Systems Inc, a subsidiary of Faurecia that manufactures and supplies automotive exhaust systems and components, with 122,000 employees. It is based in Toledo.
As you explore job opportunities in your state, keep in mind that these largest companies by employees are just a starting point. There are countless other companies out there that may be a great fit for your skills and career goals. To expand your job search, check out job boards and professional networking sites, attend career fairs and industry events, and connect with recruiters and staffing agencies. And don’t forget to research each company thoroughly, including their culture, values, and growth potential.
With the right mindset, resources, and support, you can find the job of your dreams and achieve your professional aspirations.
We hope that our list of top employers has given you some inspiration and insight into the job market in your state. Remember, the key to finding the right job is to keep an open mind, stay persistent, and always be on the lookout for new opportunities.